Posted by Jeff on 1/17/2018
When planning to play at a pub, there are a few things you might want to think about before you go.
Each of these things is essential at the place you'll play, so don’t hesitate to tell the owners if something is missing. They will appreciate the feedback - they want you to come back to see them!
- Visibility. Is the playing area well lit, allowing you to see the board and the scoreboard?
- Toe Line. Is a toe line present, and in good shape? You might want to carry a toe line checker to see if the distance from the toe line to the board is correct (Steel Tip: 7 feet 9 1/4 inches, Soft Tip: 8 feet 0 inches). You can purchase one here.
- Dart Board. Are the doubles and triples beds bleeding into the singles area of play? Are the wires in good shape? Is the bull overused?
- Chalk & Eraser. Are chalk and a towel or an eraser available for keeping score?
- Darts. Does the pub have darts and parts available for purchase? Some places carry a case full of darts and parts, which is ideal since it allows you to continue your game without interruption if anything breaks on your dart.